Please take a few seconds to express your moral support to Georgia now!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The farther you are
The sweeter you seem.
It is my dream in you
That I love,
Untouchable as ray of sun,
Unreachable as Eden.

And if you are not
The one I think,
I do not care now,
Let me believe.
My sick heart wants to see you
As a white angel of her dreams.

Let the heart melt in strange affection,
Let the sea be filled with my tears,
Only let me believe in my delirium
And the fiest of the feelings.

(Peak of arrogance: An awkward attempt to translate and verse Galaktion Tabidze - the poet of poets of Georgia)

1 comment:

Wander Woman said...

Hi Medea! I love this poem so much, thank you for posting! I am learning Georgian and will be going to Georgia soon for two months. I really want to send this poem to my boyfriend in Georgian and in English, but I can't find it in Georgian. Can you post the Georgian title or the translation here? Thank you so much!